Several financial institutions offer a corporate salary account with lucrative features and benefits. Such accounts come with attractive interest rates and other benefits like quick fund transfers, digital account opening, zero balance savings, rewards, locker rent discounts, digital management, etc.
Kotak Mahindra Bank is one of the most trusted banks in India, and because of its generous salary account offers, it is one of the most prominent ones among corporates. They offer four types of salary accounts with unique features and perks. Corporates settle for one based on their needs, preferences, and monthly remuneration. The Kotak Mahindra Bank’s Edge Salary Account is one of the top favourites tailored to meet the financial needs of employees and employers.
Let’s delve into Kotak Mahindra Bank’s Edge Salary Account details.
Features of Kotak Mahindra Edge Salary Account
- Favourable interest rates
For a balance up to Rs. 50 Lakhs, the interest rate is approximately 3.50%, while for balances above Rs. 50 Lakhs, the interest rate is 4.00% (updated as of 1st September 2023, applied only for Resident Accounts).
- Zero Balance
Like Kotak811, account-holders can use this zero-balance account equipped with Internet, Mobile, and phone banking.
- Easy Transactions
You get the advantage of a free classic debit card, up to 2 non-maintenance charge-waived family savings accounts, and unlimited ATM transactions at all Kotak ATMs In India. You can transfer funds online using NEFT and RTGS for free.
- Easy Eligibility
The applicant must have a net monthly income of Rs. 20,000, and the corporation should collaborate with the bank for the Salary Account Solution Program.
How do you open a Kotak Mahindra Bank’s Edge Salary Account?
You can open salary accounts at Kotak Mahindra Bank by visiting the branch or filling out a request online. Here is the process:
Step 1: Visit the official website of Kotak Mahindra Bank and go to ‘Explore products.’
Step 2: Choose ‘Corporate Salary Accounts’ and pick the salary account you want to open.
Step 3: Click ‘Apply Now’ and complete the application form with the required credentials.
Step 4: You will get your account number. A bank representative may contact you soon to fulfil other formalities.
To open Kotak Mahindra Bank’s Edge Salary Account, you must submit the following documents:
- Proof of address
- Proof of identity
- Signature proof
Benefits to Account Holders/Employees
The Edge Salary Account is zero-balance, which allows you to earn high interest on balances. Here are some of its benefits for employees:
- The bank provides free Internet banking facilities.
- Home and personal loans are available at preferential rates for Edge Salary Account holders with a waiver on processing fees.
- You get a Classic debit card with a daily shopping limit of Rs. 2 Lakhs, a daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs. 40,000 at domestic ATMs, and Rs. 50,000 at international ATMs.
- You can open a 3-in-1 account (called the ‘Trinity Account’) that combines Savings, Trading, and Demat accounts.
- Account holders can open fixed and recurring deposits online, connect to its 24/7 consumer care services and make emergency payments through the AutoPay facility.
- If account holders have any reimbursement account, they can link it to the salary account.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank’s Edge Salary Account holders can get quick access to credit cards like the Kotak811 credit card and Netc@rd–a virtual card and operate mutual funds through their free investment account. The credit card is dispatched without income documents or credit score; however, it helps build credit score for future credit requirements.
- Account holders have purchase protection up to Rs. 50,000, coverage of Rs. 2 Lakhs for personal accidents, and protection up to Rs. 2 Lakhs as lost card liability.
- The card is an FD-backed card so that customers can earn interest from the FD account.
- Customers can open a Kotak811 savings account from their comfort zone using their phone in just 3 minutes, and they will get an instant account number.
Benefits to Employers
Kotak Mahindra Bank’s Edge Salary Account offers several additional benefits to employers besides the key advantages of setting up and accessing salary accounts.
- Employers can benefit from a Single Point of Contact for services and products like the New Pension System, Car Lease Program (offered by Kotak Mahindra Prime Ltd.), Corporate Credit Cards, Corporate Funding, NR Accounts, and Knowledge Series Workshops – on the National Pension System.
- Employers have multiple options to make salary credits.
- Corporates get separate internet banking, branch networks, and NET IT—the web-based module.
- Corporates get InstaKits, which means they can open employee reimbursement accounts besides the salary account.
- With FINMALL on Corporate Premises, employers get galore of financial solutions, and with PARICHAY on Corporate Premises, they get Customer Service initiatives for employees.
Kotak Mahindra Bank’s Edge Salary Account provides the perfect balance of benefits for employers and employees. These corporate salary account options have unique benefits such as digital account opening, zero balance requirement, easy fund transfers, seamless access to salaries through multiple banking methods, etc. So why wait? Head over to their site and open an account today!