Stardew Valley has a lot of things that can be worn, but some of them stand out more than others.
Many players’ best thing to do in Stardew Valley is make clothes. Players can play the part of fashion designer for their own playable character by mixing and matching different shirts, pants, and hats to make their own unique outfits. Most of these items can be made by the player using things they find in the world.
Some things stand out because they are made in a funny way, while other things are scary or have a magical theme. Exploring the game’s most interesting clothes can help both new and experienced Stardew Valley players find the right outfit to show who they are.
How To Craft Clothes
Players will need different things in order to make clothes. First, players should try to get a bunny or a sheep, both of which give wool. Then, they should work on getting a Loom, which they can do when their Farming skill is at level 7. After this, wool can be put into the loom to make cloth.
When players get some cloth, Emily will talk about her sewing machine at home in a movie. After this time, players can start using her machine to make things fit better or change colors. If players finish the “Rock Rejuvenation” Story Board quest, which requires them to give Emily one Ruby, one Topaz, one Emerald, one Jade, and one Amethyst, they will get a sewing machine that they can use to make clothes.
When players go to Ginger Island and see their friends in cute swimming suits while they are still in their farming clothes, they might feel a little out of place. But there is a way to get around this. On Ginger island, players can make their own bikini tops to wear while taking it easy in the sun.
- To make this bikini top, players must use a Golden Coconut and a piece of cloth in a sewing machine. But there are ways to avoid using up any that you have found. On Monday, if players buy 10 regular coconuts from the Oasis, they can trade them with the Island Trader for 1 golden coconut.
Not all clothes have to be plain t-shirts or button-downs. Some clothes can be pretty cool and fit the style that players are going for. And what better style would be good for farmers than a cowboy style? Where they spend their days working the land and feeding the cows? Players should make themselves a cute Cowboy Poncho to get into the attitude of a rancher in their field.
- Players will have to dig up artifact spots on the farm or till the mines or skull caves to find the Rusty Spur artifact. This item can also be found in prize chests or artifact troves that can be fished up. When players put this together with a piece of fabric, they will have their country Cowboy Poncho.
As one of the most popular items that can be forged, red mushrooms are always easy to find in Stardew Valley. Even more so if they do a mushroom cave instead of a fruit cave. The mushroom can be used for many things, and one of them is to make an adorable hat that players can wear to look cool.
- Red mushrooms can be found in the mines, the Secret Woods in the summer, the Farm Cave if players choose this food, the Forest Farm map in the fall, or from a Tapped Mushroom tree. On Ginger Island, you can also find them in trash cans, the moving cart, and the mushroom cave. This Red Headscarf is made by putting a red mushroom and a piece of cloth in a sewing machine and sewing them together.
Qi is one of the most mysterious and powerful characters in Stardew Valley, so many players might want to do everything they can to be like him. Players can take a bit of Qi with them by making a Qi Mask, which is a weird and interesting way to do it.
- Players must use Qi Beans to grow a Qi Fruit. After 4 days, they are made. Note that he needs this item for the Qi Crop quest, which is one of his tasks. After this quest is done, all the fruit and beans will disappear, so players must make this thing before the quest is done. Make the mask by putting this fruit and a piece of fabric in a sewing machine together.
Players will eventually find the same items over and over again and have nothing to do with them. After players give one of each item, these artifacts are either saved for random quests or sold for a few extra coins. Lucky for us, they can also be used to make cute clothes like the Hair Bone. If a player has a spare Prehistoric Tibia hanging around, they can use it with a piece of fabric to make a cute hairstyle.
- When you dig through antique spots near the Railroad or in Cindersnap Forest, you can find prehistoric Tibia bones. A Pepper Rex has a 30% chance of dropping one when it is killed. If a player has access to Ginger Island, they can also be found at the dig spot by breaking Bone Nodes. This item is made by putting a bone and a piece of cloth in a sewing machine together.
The Golden Mask is strange and looks a little scary, but because it is so rare, it is a prized treasure for people who want to add something truly unique to their style. The Golden Mask can be worn with a wide range of dark clothes because of how bright gold it is. This will help it stand out on the players’ faces. It’s fun to look at and almost makes the player look like a robot (or a James Bond bad guy). Players will need a “real Golden Mask” to use it on the Sewing Machine, which makes it a bit harder to get.
- Players need to find a real Golden Mask treasure before they can get the Golden Mask. You can do this by digging in Artifact spots that are spread out across the Desert. It can also show up in an Artifact Trove from time to time. That being said, it only has a drop rate of 3%.
The Dinosaur Hat is a must-have for anyone who wants to try a little bit of prehistoric fashion. This cute little top will look great with the Dinosaur Pants, but it’s also really cute on its own. The Dinosaur Hat goes well with any outfit because it stands out, so there’s no need to match colors. If you want to be a little silly and show your love for ancient lizards at the same time, you can go to a Sewing Machine and put the needed materials in it to make this beautiful hat.
- You can make a Dinosaur Hat by putting a Dinosaur Egg on the Sewing Machine’s spool. Players can get a Dinosaur Egg from many places, such as Artifact spots hidden in the mountains, Prehistoric floors in the Skull Cavern, fishing prize chests, and even the Claw Machine game in the Movie Theater.
Midnight Dog Jacket
Most players use Squid Ink as a dye because of how pretty it looks. But it can also be added to the Sewing Machine’s spool to make a stylish and unique jacket. Those who want something a little bit fancy with gold buttons that stand out brightly against a dark blue color should definitely save some Squid Ink for their tailoring adventures. The Midnight Dog Jacket is one of the coolest pieces of clothing a player can make. It looks great with many different hats and pants, making it a key part of many different looks.
- For players to make the Midnight Dog Jacket, they must first get some Squid Ink. This can come from many places, like when Squid Kids or Blue Squids drop it in battle. It can also be caught in fishing ponds from Squids and Midnight Squids.
Waste Bin Shirt
Trash Can Shirt
The Trash Can Shirt is great for people who want their character to look funny. It makes the character look almost exactly like a trash can in town. If a player wears the Trash Can Hat, they can really look like trash, if they want to.
Stardew Valley has a lot of weird fashion items. So many players choose to make outfits with weird items like the Trash Can Shirt. Sometimes they even use mods to change their hair or other parts of their appearance.
- Players who want to make their own Trash Can Shirts should go to Emily and Haley’s house and use the sewing machine there. Then, they’ll have to mix Cloth with one of the following: Broken CD, broken glasses, driftwood, wet newspaper, and trash.
The Trash Can Shirt goes great with the Garbage Hat to make a full outfit. Players can also wear it by itself to add a fun touch to a more serious outfit of any kind.
Even though the Garbage Hat is one of the strangest hats in the game. Its funny design and rarity make it a fun and exciting find for any player who finds it in a trash can in town.
- The Garbage Hat has a 0.2% chance of being in trash cans. Before they can find the Garbage Hat, players have to open at least 20 trash cans.
Dark Bandana Shirt
Some players want their figures to look scary, and the Dark Bandana Shirt is a great choice for a horror-themed outfit. The Dark Bandana Shirt is not like most shirts because it can be dyed. It also comes in two colors that fit its horror theme: red and black. This might be the best shirt in Eggy Car for people who want their character to look like a vampire or a fancy bad guy.
- To make a Dark Banana Shirt, players can mix Cloth with a Truffle or Truffle Oil at the sewing machine in Emily and Haley’s house.
- Haunted Skulls are found in the Quarry Mines and in basement levels in The Mines. They sometimes drop Dark Bandana Shirts.
The Blobfish Mask is an interesting item because it completely changes how the player’s character looks. This can lead to some funny times in the game. This soft pink mask is made like a blobfish, as its name suggests. The Blobfish Mask changes the look of the player character more than most other things in the game. This makes it a unique piece of clothing in Stardew Valley, and it would probably stand out in a crowd.
To get this mask, players must first catch a blobfish. Which lets them talk to one of the few fish that floats in the game.
- At the sewing machine in Emily and Haley’s house, players can use Cloth and a Blobfish to make a Blobfish Mask.
The Pumpkin Mask changes the look of the player character in a big way, just like the Blobfish Mask. It totally turns the player’s head into a pumpkin. This piece of clothing is flexible. Players could use it to make a scary Halloween outfit or mix and match it with other crazy, bold pieces to make a more silly outfit.
Some players have even put this mask on their kids in the game. Which has led to some funny situations just because of what they were wearing.
- At the sewing machine in Emily and Haley’s house, players can make a Pumpkin Mask by putting together Cloth and a Jack-O-Lantern.
The Radioactive Goggles are a great example of how silly Stardew Valley is known to be. Not only do these goggles look great with a sci-fi or future outfit. But they also have an interesting story behind them. The item description says that this item doesn’t actually protect you from radiation.
Some people think that these goggles are a nod to an episode of The Simpsons called “Radioactive Man.” One of the most famous lines from the show is about goggles: “My eyes! The shades don’t help at all!”
- At the sewing machine in Haley and Emily’s house, players can use Cloth and a Radioactive Bar to make Radioactive Goggles.
Prismatic Shards are one of the rarest things in Stardew Valley. So it makes sense that players get great benefits when they use them in tailoring. Pieces of prismatic clothes are different because they have no pattern and change color. So, the same recipe could give the player one of five different items: Prismatic Pants, Prismatic Genie Pants, Prismatic Shirt (dark sleeves), Prismatic Shirt (white arms), or the Prismatic Shirt.
Players can use Prismatic Shards for other things besides sewing. So they should be sure that’s what they want to do before they do it.
- At the sewing machine in Emily and Haley’s house, you can make a piece of Prismatic clothes by putting together Cloth and a Prismatic Shard. Players who want to get all five pieces of Prismatic clothing can mix all five pieces of Cloth with all five pieces of Prismatic Shards.